Chapter 5 - Typography
The type choices you make for your site provide the foundation for the clear communication of your content. The consistent use of type to express the hierarchy of your content provides valuable information cues to the reader, and the choices you make to enhance text legibility affect the usability of your web site. Cascading Style Sheets offers a potent style language, allowing you to manipulate a variety of text properties to achieve professional, effective results, all without resorting to graphics that add download time. New type properties and more new fonts are available for designers, providing more typographic choices and control over type characteristics. New applications and web font tools let you test and manipulate fonts so your content is readable across multiple devices.
When you complete this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand type design principles
- Understand Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) measurement units
- Use the CSS font properties
- Use the CSS text properties
- Build a font and text properties style sheet
- Customize bulleted and numbered lists
Typography Example Files
Download the Chapter Five activity files.