Chapter 9 - Site Navigation
The free-flowing nature of information in a nonlinear hypertext environment can be confusing to navigate. Help your users find content easily rather than making them hunt through a maze of choices. Let your users know where they are at all times and where they can go within your web site. In this chapter, you learn to build user-focused navigation to accomplish these goals.
When you complete this chapter, you will be able to:
- Create usable navigation
- Design navigation for mobile devices
- Use graphics for navigation and linking
- Build text-based navigation
- Use lists for navigation
- Build horizontal navigation bars
- Build vertical navigation bars
- Use background color and graphics to enhance navigation
- Create hover rollovers
Download the Chapter 9 activity files.